Better Angels

"...all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature." ---Abraham Lincoln, First Innaugural Address

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I Loves Me Some Pierce

Charlie Pierce is one of my favorite journalists in all the world. His letters to Jonathan Alterman never fail to crack me up. Here's the money quote from last Friday:

Pretty sorry-ass week, though. Dan Rather beset by pipsqueaks with Cheerios dripping down on their Norm Podhoretz pajamas.

And here I am wearing my matching Midge Decter peignoir.

Speaking of Podhoretz, I keep sitting down with Commentary magazine to try and wade through his article "World War IV: How It Started, What It Means, and Why We Have to Win" . I get about 1 paragraph in before I get the itch to do something more fun, like brush the cat's teeth.