Better Angels

"...all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature." ---Abraham Lincoln, First Innaugural Address

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I Shot the Sheriff...

In the September 7th issue of "People" there's a charming little "at home with the Bushes" story meant to emphasize for all the red staters how down home and reg'lar the first family is. Among the mundane trivia is this exchange:

People: Mrs. Bush, we read that you like Bob Marley. And Jimmy Cliff?
Mrs. Bush: Well, I just have my old record collection.
Jenna: I think it's funny people think it's shocking that my mom would have good music taste. What does music have to do with politics? I mean, she can have cool music tastes. She's a normal woman.

Boy, I'll bet they're going to regret that little anecdote once the Laura-as-pothead meme hits the fan.