Better Angels

"...all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature." ---Abraham Lincoln, First Innaugural Address

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Out of the mouths of babes...

Driving home from the aquarium this evening with the wee Biblios, my kindred spirit AM and her 2 kids. After 3 hours of gazing at mollusks, chasing crazed preschoolers around the penguin exhibit and testing the limits of the Bickford's waitstaff's patience, the rise of the backseat chattering class is almost too much for the mamas to bear. We order silence to commence. Murmurs and giggles...then their voices rise again until finally we hear the youngest call out "I'm going to kill you! Nanny nanny boo boo!"
Amazed, I turn to AM and said "I think that's our foreign policy in a nutshell!"

(You were right, AM. I did put it on my blog!)